The internet is amazing for children. They can play, learn, create and connect – opening up a whole new world of exciting possibilities. However, the digital world is changing all the time and can sometime not be a safe place. Below is some advice on how you can make sure your child is staying safe online.
- Don’t post any personal information online i.e. address, email address etc.
- Keep your privacy settings as high as possible.
- Never give out your passwords.
- Don’t befriend people you don’t know.
- Speak to your parent or a trusted adult if you are worried about anything you have seen or people you have met online.
Thinkuknow is the education programme from NCA-CEOP, a UK organisation which protects children both online and offline. You can explore the age-appropriate Thinkuknow websites for advice about children staying safe when they are on a phone, tablet or computer.