Welcome to Carradale Primary School and ELC’s website.
Carradale Primary School and ELC is a small, rural school, located within the lovely village of Carradale, on the East coast of Kintyre. We have a single P1-7 class, led by our Principal Teacher and our part-time teacher. We’re lucky to have a great team of support staff working here, too, making us a very friendly and creative place to be. Our headteacher, Mr Long, is head of three Kintyre schools which means we have great links with other schools in the area.
Our location provides excellent opportunities for outdoor learning both within the school grounds and the local area which has both beach and forest elements in it.
We believe in partnership working both in school and with the wider community and are proud of our Vision, Values and Aims.
We strive to give our children the best possible start to their school life by providing a nurturing and engaging environment that encourages self-regulation and successful learning, through community links, exploration and effective use of outdoor spaces.
Our values are togetherness, respect, individuality and kindness
We aim to:
- Provide learning opportunities that allow our learners to feel a sense of connectedness to their community and the wider world.
- Equip our learners with skills that will allow them to flourish in an unknown future.
- Build strong children by providing opportunities that challenge and extend our learners, encouraging perseverance and resilience.
We are proud to have been awarded the Rights Respecting Schools Bronze Award and the Bronze Nurture Award and are looking forward to a bright future!
- P7 Transition Day – 24th May
- School Photos – 24th May
- Teacher In-service day – Friday 26th May
- School Holidays – Friday 26th May to Monday 29th May
- Sports Day – Friday 2nd June@1pm
- P7 Transition Day 13th, 14th & 15th June
- School Trip – Tuesday 20th June
- Parent/Teacher Consultations – Wednesday 21st June
- P6/7 – Transition Adventure Day – 27th June
- Presentation Evening – 28th June
- School Closes at 12noon for Summer Holiday – Friday 30th June
- School Holidays – 3rd July to 14th August
- School Opens – Tuesday 15th August